Monday, July 7, 2008

About My Blog Title

So I named my blog "Love is Time". That comes from a brief video I found online titled "To a Child Love Is Spelled T.I.M.E". Sooo many parents have forgotten that these days. Don't get me wrong here folks, I'm not one to try to tell people how they should raise or shouldn't raise their children. However, it breaks my heart to see mothers tell their daughters their going to have a "girls day" only to put the kids to work doing chores. Or, they drop them off at the grandparents whenever they need "adult time".

Really, your children don't require MUCH. Sure, the basics, a roof, food, clothes, etc. That's a given. I'm talking about all the things we buy kids to occupy their time. Why not take them to the park to feed the ducks? Go to the library and help them pick out books. Walk them down to the creek to throw rocks and sticks in the water. None of these cost a dime, but to a child the T.I.M.E is priceless :)

No comments: